EPISKIN, world leader in tissue engineering, offers Human Reconstructed Tissues to the global scientific community - academic and industry - to support research and development activities in Safety and Efficacy.
We provide our worldwide clients RELIABLE AND RELEVANT IN VITRO TOOLS FOR SAFETY AND EFFICACY EVALUATION.
Based in Lyon, France, we partner with cosmetical, pharmaceutical and chemical industries to develop relevant and reliable safety and efficacy tests. Our models are critical tools to speed up Research and Development phases and to shorten the time to market. Some screening tests are already referenced and validated as alternatives to animal use, and others are in the process of validation.
Our unique cell culture process allows to industrialize important volumes of in vitro models of reconstructed human tissues with well characterized histology, functionality and ultrastructure features. The production unit has been designed to deliver every week our clients with thousands of human tissues.
Our product lines include:
- Reconstructed human epidermis,
- Reconstructed human epidermis with melanocytes (different complexions are available from phototype II to VI),
- Reconstructed human dermis and epidermis: Full Thickness Model
- Reconstructed Human Corneal Epithelium, Reconstructed Human mucosa: Oral, Gingival, and Vaginal Epithelium.
All of these models allow the evaluation of raw materials, active ingredients and finished products being either in a solid, liquid, powder, cream or gel form.
- Develop and produce robust and valuable reproducible models
- Ensure trainings and education on how to use our models as alternative methods to animal testing
- Support our customers and partners in providing a dedicated and customized service
Who we are and what we do, all our answers on EPISKIN TV!
Episode 1: what is it?
Episode 2: why are we reconstructing human skin ?
Episode 3: How do we prepare a reconstructed tissue? (Click on picture to select a movie)